By Dr. Ritesh Chawla, Ayurveda
Blocked fallopian tubes are a serious condition where a woman becomes incapable of conceiving. The fallopian tubes connect the ovaries with the uterus. They are located on either side of the uterus and have hairs lining the outer part. These thin tubes with hair facilitate the passage of the egg as well as that of the sperm. When these tubes are blocked, the eggs is unable to move and consequently, the woman is unable to conceive.
Some causes of Blocked Fallopian Tubes:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Previously had Uterine Infection
- Abdominal Surgery
- Fractured Appendix
- Earlier surgery of the fallopian tubes
Ayurvedic treatment of fallopian tubes –
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic treatment method used to treat fallopian tube blockages. Panchakarma purifies the body of toxic materials that are left within the system because of earlier diseases and nutritional deficiencies. Waste matter in Ayurveda is known as ‘Ama’.
Other factors that cause the spread of toxins include:
- Faulty Exercise Patterns
- Poor lifestyle habits
- Metabolic factors
- Hormonal problems
Panchakarma eliminates the toxic waste materials from the body by excretion from the following organs –
- Sweat glands
- Colon Bladder
- Urinary Tract
In the case of tubal blockages, the following steps are used –
- Abhyanga: This herbal oil message method penetrates deep within the skin and relaxes the mind and body.
- Vasti: Medicated oil or decoction is used for this purpose to open the blockages
- Swedana: A stream bath comprising herbs. It helps to keep the heart and head calm and cool.
- Pizichili: In this method, warm herbalized oil is poured all over the body.
- Udvartana: The method involves massaging of herbal paste all over the body.
Ayurveda treatment has zero side effects and when continued over a period can significantly help clear blockages of the fallopian tube.